Website Design Whangarei
- Templated or custom-built websites to convey your message to the world.
- Professional design site that is quick to view and easy to navigate.
- We can use your photographs, recommend a photographer or source stock images for your website.
- Online forms to allow users to contact you quickly and easily.
- We include basic search engine optimisation to help you achieve maximum visibility in the search engines. We know what works!
- We submit your website to Google.
- We design to allow future growth and development.
- If you need something special, we can probably source it or build it for you.
Easy 5-step Web site package – How it Works
- We will consult with you to ensure we understand your specific goals for your website.
- A draft web page will be designed.
- We build the rest of your web pages and add in your text and images.
- We search engine optimise your website to ensure that Google knows what you want to be found for.
- When your website is live, we can train you in how to update it yourself or we can do updates for you.
Domain Names & Email
We also register domain names on your behalf. Your domain name is your first step to establishing an identity on the internet. It is used to create your website address (eg; www.mysite.co.nz) and to create your email address (eg; email@example.com).
- Ask us about a domain name. We will check that your domain name has not been registered by someone else and search for possible options.
- We need your contact details…
- Company name.
- Contact name.
- Phone Number.
- Current email address.
If you value your brand, we recommend registering similar domain names. eg yourname.nz as well as yourname.co.nz. We will point your registered domain name to your website for no extra charge.
If you wait, somebody else may take your unique name. You can register as many domain names as you like. We can discuss options for email services using your domain name.
This is the ‘rent’ you pay for the space your website occupies on the Web. It includes:
- Ensuring your site is online and available to the public 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 5 email POP3 mailboxes and email forwarding.
- Full online statistical reports showing number of visitors, where they came from and how they found you. Invaluable for future marketing!
- FTP access to the server if you wish to change your web site yourself.
- Ongoing telephone and email support.
- No traffic fees.
- Spam and virus filtering.
- SSL, PHP, MySQL
- Nightly backups with 14 day file back-up archive.
We can create eCommerce shopping carts for you to sell online, including; online catalogue and ordering system with credit card facilities.
- Sell products and services to an international market easily.
- Promote your Goods with an online Catalogue.
- List products for sale. On checking out, prices are automatically totalled, freight is added and GST is applied if the shopper is a New Zealand resident.
- Choose to accept credit cards and have payments approved immediately online.
- Automatically email receipts to customers and merchants.
- Allow payments by internet banking and optionally credit cards
- Convert currency with up to the minute rates
The Merchant can…
- Add and change product prices and descriptions, stock availability and freight in an online shop Administration area anytime.
- Change Customer details easily.
- View and update Orders, dates paid and shipped.
- Securely Receive and validate credit card payments.
- Credit card payments are made directly into the Merchant’s bank account with no need for manual intervention.
- Search for a product by any word or easily find a product by category.
- Convert to their currency using up to the minute rates.
- Add a product to a ‘cart’ which automatically subtotals product costs, adds GST and calculates freight costs.
- Enter their contact details and quickly re-order with customer logins.
- Print a receipt that is automatically created with order details.
- Securely pay by credit card.
- Automatically receive an email confirmation of their order.
If your site asks for, or stores, any personal info, such as passwords, phone numbers, emails, addresses or even photos, then you should definitely have an SSL certificate which enables you to use a secure HTTPS connection to prevent hackers intercepting your customers’ credit information, passwords and personal details. We now recommend SSL certificates for all websites.
Security has now become a big deal on websites. Hackers are constantly trying to gain access or intercept private details.
Google is cracking down on non-secure sites. Beginning in January 2017 (Chrome 56), Google Chrome started marking HTTP pages that collect passwords or credit cards as Not Secure. Now Chrome marks all websites without an SSL certificate as non-secure.
How do I get a secure HTTPS connection?
If your website is hosted with us, we can provide you with an SSL connection.
Why do I need an SSL certificate and HTTPS?
- An SSL certificate ensures information is passed securely to the end-user. A secure site is vital if your site uses logins or accepts credit card details.
- When you purchase an SSL certificate, you are then running an HTTPS website.
- Running HTTPS means: your website address will display https://www. instead of http://www.
- A little padlock will be displayed beside your web address at the top of the screen. Clicking on the padlock tells your visitor that it is a ‘Secure Connection’.
- Your Search Engine rankings will benefit as Google ranks HTTPS sites higher.
- Google has already started giving secure HTTPS pages a ranking boost in search results to secure HTTPS/SSL sites.
- Most websites have already transitioned to HTTPS. This means that your competitors have an edge over your business or organisation if you are not running a secure connection.
Is HTTPS secure?
HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The ‘S’ at the end of HTTPS stands for ‘Secure’. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.